XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : paint - erase/reset model?

03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I did all sorts of modifications to my model, using all sorts of tools, I am happy with most of it but want to redo certain areas of it. I am looking for a way to "paint back the history" or delete anything that is "on top" of the original model (i still have it saves as a morph target) so I can start over fresh without having to do the entire model again!

Also, if that is not quite possible, I still have not managed to understand and/or find a tool that flattens and evens out the surface. The closest I got was "smooth" and "blur" but they both dont really do what I am after, I want to "delete" wrinkels I created via the projection master and get back to where I started!

03-29-2006, 06:08 PM
if you are on the same sub d level that you stored your morph target you can use the morph brush to brush your model back to its original state of where you first stored the morph

03-30-2006, 12:40 AM
What I do is to hide everything but the area around the wrinkles that I want to smooth out, go to the highest sub-div level and smooth the heck out of it. Then go down in resolution and smooth that. Repeat a few times then go back up and see if any of the wrinkles still exists.

03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for your suggestions.

I played around with the smoothing procedure for a while but never was really happy with it, the morph brush is definately a better idea if you have a morph target stored on the same subD level.

If you don't, a user on zbrushcentral had a great idea, use your original, level 1 unaltered mesh, subdivide it to the same level as your altered, high-res model, export it (can be quite big & slow, depending on the polycount) and then import it again into the ALTERED scene to use it as a morph target on the highest level. Thats how I did it anyway ...

Cheers ...

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.