View Full Version : Texture swimming

Mic_Ma
03 March 2006, 01:15 PM
Is there any trick to apply texture swimming after everything in the object has been frozen?

GeneralLethal
03 March 2006, 02:22 PM
What do you mean by texture swimming?

Sbowling
03 March 2006, 03:19 AM
What do you mean by texture swimming?

Texture swim is a feature that allows you to move points around or even add geometry without messing up the UVs in your object. There is a video on the softimage site about this.

As to the main question... I don't know. I haven't really used it very often.

cct
03 March 2006, 10:32 AM
Is there any trick to apply texture swimming after everything in the object has been frozen?

I don't think so.
But as long as you don't delete the texture projection(s) you should be fine. If necessary you might have to select your modeling operators manually in the explorer and click freeze.
This way XSI will only delete the selected operators and keep the projection intact.

Simmo
01 January 2007, 03:21 AM
I don't think so.
But as long as you don't delete the texture projection(s) you should be fine. If necessary you might have to select your modeling operators manually in the explorer and click freeze.
This way XSI will only delete the selected operators and keep the projection intact.

Thanks man!
That suggestion worked a treat. I know this is an old post, but it was such a rapidly mounting problem for me: I'm happy again.
My modelling history/stack was becoming very heavy and slowing everything down, but I couldn't freeze it or the texture wouldn't swim anymore. Selecting the operators and freezing those instead works!

NRG-Alpha
01 January 2007, 06:03 AM
Issues like this kind of make users want some form of 'operator class protection' when freezing stacks, no?

Say have the ability to retain optional operators such as 'projections', but freeze everything else, all with an elegant operator protection system cleanly integrated into some freeze operator options. Granted, this may cause some undesirable results if one is not careful.. but it would make life easier when you want to collapse the operator stack, but still want to move points around without fear of having a projection operator collapsed as well.

One can only dream...

-NRG

depol
01 January 2007, 09:11 AM
http://softimage.ru/files/scripts/SwimFreezedProjection.zip

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2007, 09:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.