View Full Version : Animation References

yellowEye
12 December 2002, 04:35 PM
Hey all. This is my first post here at the forums. My fellow student directed me to this website a week ago, and I must say, the work exhibited here is fabulous! I look forward to displaying some of my artwork in the near future.
Anyway, I am taking an Intro to 3D Animation class here at RIT and our next assignment is to animate "Melvin" jumping on and off a box (in Maya). Our teacher recommended that we use a reference animation of someone jumping on and off a box, but I cant seem to find any and I dont have a video camera. Can anyone direct me to any helpful websites which might contain some reference animations?

Thanks for your time,
Josh

Stephen Vyas
12 December 2002, 08:40 AM
Hello,
I'm not sure if you'll find any place on the net with a video of a guy jumpin off a box, maybe old test animations of other animators. However, you can always pick on a friend and have have him jump off a table a dozen times for ya. Sometimes that's the best reference you can get.
Also, do it yourself a few times. You'll notice that you'll pay more attention to your own body orientation, and weight shifts than any video can show you.

Have fun

Cheers
Steve

yellowEye
12 December 2002, 08:57 PM
thanks for the input... i have another two weeks to finish the animation, so we'll see how it goes. I to have to learn how to model in Maya by then as well.. heh

thanks,
yE

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.