Join in the discussion at http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330541
or visit the Messiah chatroom on irc.freenode.net #messiah3d
New edit sphere:
- Has options for customizable line thickness, and shaded sphere area.
- Can grab anywhere on the lines or rings. Responds to the closest channel line, for faster grabbing.
- Option to rotate based on mouse direction relative to the world orientation.
- Option to set rotation limits for a drag while holding the shift key.
- Option to highlight the potential channel that will be selected, on mouse over.
- Easy and powerful copy, paste, undo and Replace between materials, and still have all the surfaces that reference it intact.
- Added saving of more buffers: ObjectID, Shadow, Normals etc, for use in compositing.
- Diffuse and specular rendering changes its look based on the light size.
- New translucency settings and improvements as well as translucency from shadow mapped spot lights.
- Enhanced AA with super bright objects above 1.0.
- Higher quality soft shadow settings through reflections.
- New Fog, "Speed Hazer" plugin.
- Color picker can switch between floating point color (0.0->1.0) or 8 bit (0->255) and now is the default for setting color in the material's interface.
- Added a frame slider button with current frame indicator, for easier grabbing to scrub.
- HDRI in texture map now has a popup choice between "Reflection map" and "Image light", and automatically
- defaults to "Image Light", if the light probe map type is chosen.
- Menus are now double buffered to eliminate flicker when drawing on some graphics cards.
- New options for generating particles.
- New options for controlling particles with expressions and plugins.
- New vortex plugin that shows custom forces, modification of particle velocities and directions.
- New particle render shader for fast volume smoke and dust effects.
- Support of saving and loading .mdd files through SaveMorphSequence and DMorph respectively.
- Load and saving of 48 and 64bit tiff files (16bits per channel).
- When creating a number of objects in file->add_items they now will be numbered correctly when creating multiple items at once.
- Processing flag now saves/loads properly for tracks in compose
- The tooltip windows in the script palette now draw properly.
- Fixed a problem when loading non-LWO objects as clusters. This should also fix any other issues people were having with non LWO objects.