LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Studying 3d character animation at home, on your own

03-15-2006, 04:58 AM
I've been doing this, but going in an endless circle because I have no suggestions or reference from anyone, only what I find online. The internet is great, but I've yet to find stuff such as a simple walk video that i can use as reference.

What I'm curious about is if there are any people here who did this as well and found anything useful that a solo student can use. I'm also interested in hearing some stories about how you developed as an animator using only yourself and your computer.

03-15-2006, 05:07 AM
In regards to finding reference footage, is a fantastic site to find just about anything you can think of.

03-15-2006, 05:17 AM
Wonderful! I like that site already.

03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Get yourself a mini DV cam or something, and you can shoot your own reference! :) Framepool rocks though! Good luck on your journey!:thumbsup:

03-15-2006, 12:18 PM

03-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Another awesome reference page. Thank you!

03-15-2006, 11:43 PM
check out this blog: there a plentitude of links including to some gymnastics footage--

03-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Don't forget BBC Motion Gallery (!

03-29-2006, 05:30 AM
These should help a bit for all sorts of reference, tutorials, rigs, ect:

03-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Here's a pretty decent collection of links. I would have to say it's a pretty good idea to check out cg-char. Not even to be an active poster at first but run searches and explore their articles if it's character animation it's probly talked about on cg-char at some point.

I'm sure there are some great one's missing here but this should be a good start, sorry for double posting if I did. ( probly the most thorough collection of links for anything animation great resource links for any animator ( a forum dedicated to the art of character animation review Shoulder Motion traditional Animation Resource monthly Animation Contest ( various tutorials and other useful things ( tutorials and phoneme reference ( great video reference material ( more great reference material ( even more reference ( soundbites soundbites really extensive soundbite collection (be wary of ads though)

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 11:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.