View Full Version : Flip Problem need help~

limkinkwan
03 March 2006, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone, I got flip problem in modeler...

My architecture surface in different flip, how to change to same flip (face outside)? I try ''Who Flipped", but only active for same object connected, it doesn't work if I got many different object in 1 layer...

Couse now I using ''microwave" to bake radiosity, if the model doesn't flipped properly...the area just appear dark...anyone can help...thanks a lot~~......

vectro
03 March 2006, 09:45 AM
If I understand u corectly then I suggest u to find all polys thatare flipped wrong and then pres 'F' button. (it would be easier to find wrong flipped polys if you turn on 'show normals')

limkinkwan
03 March 2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks Vectro, but my model got 100000++ poly, is a huge architecture model...so is a bit hard if find polys are flipped wrong and then press 'F', hmm...any ideas or any plugins can do that?...(change the object surface to same flip) thanks !!~

Eclyps19
03 March 2006, 02:10 PM
bah, screw flipping. just make em all double sided! =)

aeres
03 March 2006, 05:13 PM
Doesn't the "align" tool work?

limkinkwan
03 March 2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Eclyps19s and aeres...

Eclyps19s- if all double side, the flip actually still facing same position, because i need to bake it, if the flip face inside, after bake, the area will be dark.

aeres- and the ''align''...almostly same with ''who flipped''...only active for single object (connected), if got many different object in a layer...then not much different.

----O

aeres
03 March 2006, 07:13 PM
Did you try selecting the objects and place them in separate layers, then align them separately?

select a couple of polygons on a object, use the "}" ( shift+] ) key to select adjacent polygons, repeat until the whole object is selected. Cut the object and paste it in another layer, then try aligning again.

limkinkwan
03 March 2006, 03:44 AM
There are a lot of polygon...48256 poly in many many different object, hmm...maybe this is the only way...

SteveH
03 March 2006, 04:40 AM
You might try this plugin. It saved me a ton of work when I had several thousand polygons on a ground surface. It basically builds a selection set based on polygon direction. It may be just what you need. Good luck.

http://www.3dcybercorp.com/software/faceit/index.html

limkinkwan
03 March 2006, 09:42 AM
Hey SteveH~, I try it out just now, but why when i put the Basic Point to certain polygon for example face in, then I click ''Face It Selector", some other face out polygons also getting select?...

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2006, 09:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.