View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 638 "Monkey vs Robots II"
03-05-2006, 02:49 PM
"Monkey vs Robots II"
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
03-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Another quick sketch. 10 mins. Artrage and MSPaint for resize.
I will try to do a better one later, I just wanted to get one in, in case I got crunched on time.
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Ahaks...thats a sad lookin robot. monkey 1, robot 0 it seems...LOL
03-05-2006, 11:05 PM
workin on my monkey vs robot entry.. but i like what u got Wiggin... good stuff..
03-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Pencil Paper 20min
Missed the first Robots vs Monkeys. Monkeys 5 - Robots 0
May color this later
Wiggin - Good one, Fling that Poo !
03-06-2006, 12:32 AM
^ lol, funny one Z
Wiggin, good one m8
03-06-2006, 12:33 AM
:thumbsup: Mr. Wiggins you got me rolling with laughter.
Looks a lot like me co workers. lol. The poor souls. lol
Thanks made my day.
03-06-2006, 01:52 AM
just a quick one for the robots.. cant let it be a blow out...
SBP2/I3 6x8/10 mins.
03-06-2006, 03:43 AM
PS 30 minutes
03-06-2006, 05:27 AM
25 mins PS wacom
Zyrinx thats funny
Wiggin thats VERY funny :)
03-06-2006, 06:23 AM
basic story line
man creates robots, robots destroy man. man is dumb. robots attack monkeys, monkeys go ape $&%* on the robots.
the monkey on the left is the distraction for the heavy artillary monkeys
this is what happens when you mess with monkeys.
about 2 hours in photoshop
sry about hte white in the bottom left, i was too lazy to go back and fix it
03-06-2006, 02:04 PM
40 minutes painter/photoshop
well, everyone knows the subject human vs robots: almost every robot has the shape of a human being.
so i tried to transfer this subject into the subject of the daily sketch:
who is stronger? that machine-gorilla or a real one?
you might say: of course the robot, but i am not really sure...
gorillas are like BOOM you know ;D
whatever here's my piece...
03-06-2006, 05:27 PM
photoshop 1.15 hr.
03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
about 2hours in PS7
03-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Artrage/mouse 25 min
Poor robot wondering when the takeover of the planet of the apes went wrong.
03-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Photoshop 6 + mouse, 4 hours
Wiggin - best for smiling!
Zombie Frog - interesting and original style! rare today, congratulations!
Panda89 - like a horror-dream... brrrrrr...! dark! aaaaa... ;)
createmai - i've seen that style here before already... but it's good anyway!
keeganb_2000 - almost my idea! it's not fare you were the first to post here ;)
03-07-2006, 03:34 PM
was waiting for any comments so long! thanks, JTD! i'm not happy about monkey and lights/shadows - but 4 hours more than enough for a sketch - i decided to stop and try other themes. let it be a lesson for me - to paint faster next time
03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm The Fultron
this is my first post at CG talk. Incidentally this is my first attempt with india ink and brush.
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
i wonder what happened to goro, i really enjoyed his sketches.
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.