View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 636 "Clowns VS Ninjas"
03-03-2006, 03:20 PM
"Clowns VS Ninjas"
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
That's one way to bring up participation. Anything vs ninjas! good times. I have to post
03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
i do too. I will post one up as soon as XP finishes installing on my other comp...
03-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Wow, okay well scratch my previous theory. Anyway.
Artrage and mouse/25min
03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
quick one, 30 min photoshop, clowns win this point
03-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Who canNOT resist Clowns vs Ninjas :love:
Will post the ensuing mayhem later tonight. Hiyaaaaaaaaa!
03-04-2006, 01:20 AM
This came to mind...
PS and Wacom 1hr.
03-04-2006, 03:59 AM
Really quick. 5 mins. Artrage.
03-04-2006, 04:35 AM
PS, about 20-30 minutes.
03-04-2006, 08:29 AM
good work everyone!
painter - 25 min
03-04-2006, 08:52 AM
elmasfeo - totally LOL :thumbsup:
03-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Playing with Artrage (and PShop for small corrections), 40min:
03-04-2006, 04:44 PM
20-30 mintues open canvas, wish I had more time
03-04-2006, 08:42 PM
This is my first post. I am a completely new novice, not even an artist yet. Artrage/mouse about 45 min
03-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks Gord, glad that you liked it! I like your colorful sketches, they are full of ...something I cannot explain, hehe, but it's something good :)
hey Mahir, great drawing!
pinoy mcgee - it took me a while to read the word "lady" at the wall, it was funny when I finally got it (...and I still don't know what's the word before "ninja" :blush: )
klau & herod - very god ones too :thumbsup:
03-05-2006, 02:10 AM
elmasfeo: good to know you found it funny; Good job on your sketch too. Pie fragments...nice touch! :thumbsup:
"Akakage" = Red Shadow. I don't recommend the video under the same title. Bad ninja movie :sad:
03-05-2006, 03:52 AM
welcome to DSG lokiwolf!
PS7/ Intuous3/ 3 - 3 1/2 hours
03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
elmasfeo: That one cracked me up :P.
Painter IX, 30 mins, Wacom.
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Lokiwolf- Welcome! The DSG is a great way to get the creative juices flowing, just keep practicing and you'll get it. Nice first sketch.
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
funny one jtd.
03-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Photoshop, 1 hour, wacom. :)
Thanks, ysvry. This was a great topic and I don't think any of the participants repeated themselves because there are so many options when it comes to clown and ninja attacks and defenses!
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
30 minutes. Painter IX
This was a good warm-up for me. its been waaaaay too long since i have done any sketching. Hopeing to get some more time to get back up to speed.
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.