Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : OKLOP - mah robot

12-13-2002, 08:17 AM
This is for an assigment for school... This is my first character in 3d. .. I know that robots are easy to make, but this was a way for me to learn how to use mayas poligon modeling tools... and next week i will texture it, hopefuly improving the model alot..

Can everyone tell me something that they would change...
I really need some criticism, i need to know where i went wrong here..
When i was doing the design for the robot, it looked cool.. When it came to modeling, he looked to simple and plain..

This is my lates update to the robot, i'm starting the texturing..

12-13-2002, 03:25 PM
all though physicaly impossible, i guess it both blows and sucks and the same time..

12-18-2002, 12:37 AM

thats the update.. i still have to texture it

12-18-2002, 02:40 AM
This doesn't suck at all, especially as a beginner. It just lacks character, as robots tend to do.

12-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Starting the Texturing - 360 view

12-26-2002, 05:17 PM
It might lack some character, but its pretty good for a first project. Character can be brought out through animation as well.

12-26-2002, 05:32 PM
while i was doing the design on paper, it looked fine... when i brought it into 3d I got the idea that the my robot doesn't have character. But like someone said in the above reply robots tend to lack character and i guess mine does too. Thats what i get for chosing to do a robot character, and i chose a robot because we will be riging our characters (this is a project for my school) and i thought it would be much easier to deal with something that has a rigid body and not have to paint on weights..

what cha think so far.. C &C please

01-07-2003, 02:23 PM

more to come.. then i'll start posing and creating the scene for my robot

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.