View Full Version : just a lil thing i made...

lollygag
02 February 2006, 10:15 PM
I always loved Escher since my first Art teacher introduced me to his work.

and i got a Escher calender last christmas and just thought of how to do his

Waterfall in 3D.. animated..

.... http://lollys.org/Eschers_Waterfall.mov

i dunno whats its for really.. just an excercise in POV

tell me what you think..

OneSharpMarble
02 February 2006, 10:34 PM
I like this, it's nice to look at yet confusing for the eye. It is a nice little piece, simple yet complex. If I have to say anything the waterfall part doesnt really look like water and the wheel doesnt seem to turn fast enough.

But this is pretty cool.

mstram
02 February 2006, 11:43 PM
Looks interesting.

The fluid "flow" in the "trough" looks good, but the waterfall looks like a shimmering continuous piece of metal or something. No waves or turbulent water.

What software did you use ?

Mike

CryoTwin
02 February 2006, 11:47 PM
ahh i see another avid Escher fan. I have “Ascending and Descending” animation in my demo reel. his stuff is just awsome to play around with in 3d huh? ive done quite a few Escher pieces, but never did the waterfall. NICE!

ive seen other people do the waterfall but you could tell that they skewed the pillars, i just slice off parts in respect to the view so it 'looks' like its behind and on top. good approach and execution. i agree with the waterfall texture, but still whats real about the scene anyway?! :)

~Curtis

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2006, 11:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.