View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 614 "The Olympic Games"
02-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Today we get a break from the covers.
Tomorrow we will do one for SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.
"The Olympic Games"
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* NO PAINTOVERS, unless specifically requested. Inspiration can be taken from photos, but not direct copies.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
*ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
I don't watch the olympic games too often (avoiding the winter games completely), but when I read today's topic I had to think of the historical moment in olympic history which always gives me the shivers when I watch it on TV...
EDIT: damn! I always forget the statistics! artweaver, length: duration of Ben Harper's "there will be a light" album
02-10-2006, 09:20 PM
.. Oh snap I have to do 3 sketches today to make up for the days i havent sketched.. my resolution is still going strong.. just a few hicups here and there :D
Nice sketch Mr. Mu Ill be adding an image soon so your sketch is not so lonely :D
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Let us not forget Arg, the first Gold Medal Winner
Artrage/mouse 20 min
02-11-2006, 12:15 AM
40 mins PSP
02-11-2006, 07:50 AM
PS + Wacom. 1 & 1/2 hours.
02-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Catching up.. quickie
5 minutes Olymics.
02-17-2006, 02:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.