View Full Version : Vehicle: Messerschmitt

12-09-2002, 08:36 PM
This is my first WW2 aircraft. I used Photoshop, Illustrator, and Max. Let me know what you guys think?

12-09-2002, 11:50 PM
looks very washed out on that backround, but if composited it would prolly look okay (depends) and uhh yeah it seems to be lackin a real depth to the texture..

12-10-2002, 12:30 AM
yeah, if it's going to be flying past quickly or be far away it looks just fine as it is i think... but if theres going to be any close ups and detailed shots i agree that the textures lack depth. a bump map, specular map or even a displacement map depending on how close up we're talking would help out A LOT i think. other then that, looks great :)

12-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Great model. I wish I could do one as nice myself.

And now the nitpicking ;)... what kind of 109 is that one? the nose and wings seem 109-F but the air intake on the side is 109-E like. Most 109-Fs also had retracting tail wheels.

I would recheck the prop spinner too, the cannon shouldn't stick out that much and the shape seems a little off or maybe too big.

check this:

for nice reference pics and details.

12-13-2002, 12:04 PM
Hmmm ... texture need more saturation ... illumination is bad ... good lightning can rapidly increase imression .... try use some good renderer with radiocity

12-17-2002, 03:18 PM
cool plane man!

are you interested in modelling military hardware in general? then you are kindly invited to come to our nice community called

woudl love to see you posting stuff over there as well

click here (

12-17-2002, 04:56 PM
I believe proportion are not correct... not sure but I think the nose more chort... and others details... but its a good job;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.