02. Any modeler is permitted for use in this competition.
03. Prefab, or stock models are discouraged.
04. Retouching images through photoshop is not permitted.
05. Compositing multiple layers without additional enhancements is permitted.
06. The use of 3rd party plugins and shaders are permitted.
07. There is no fee to enter this competition. CG Talk forum membership required.
08. Non-EIAS applicants may enter the competition by obtaining a free demo from EITG. Contact Philip Martin at EITG for details. (email@example.com) Telephone: 1-830-438-4955. A 45 day temporary dongle will be issued and must be returned to EITG after the competition to avoid a potential licensing fee.
09. Judges, relatives of judges and employees of judges cannot enter the competition.
10. Only a single entry per artist is permitted.
11. Any entry deemed by the judges to be the same or similar to any other entry or existing work entered on CG Talk will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
12. Any entry deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
13. No new registrations for Stage 1 & 2 will be accepted after 22 February 2006.
14. No late entries will be accepted.
15. Judges’ decisions are deemed to be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering artwork and copy to the competition, the entrant warrants that they are the copyright holder, or they have obtained the rights sufficient for the purpose of the competition.
ALTHOUGH THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CG SOCIETY CHALLENGE, RULES PROTECTING BALLISTIC MEDIA, EITG AND BRIAN POHL WILL BE LISTED BELOW. THESE ARE BASED OFF EXISTING RULES THAT HAVE BEEN UTILIZED IN PAST OFFICIAL CHALLENGES ON CG TALK.
17. The competitor grants permission to the Electric Image Technology Group or Ballistic Media to use all entered materials in sales, marketing and merchandising materials for the further advancement of EIAS in the cg community or Ballistic Media for the CG Talk Forum and Society.
18. The entrant indemnifies EITG, Ballistic Media and Brian Pohl against any claims or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages from any party that may arise from publication of entry materials submitted as a part of the competition.
19. EITG, Ballistic Media, and Brian Pohl will not return any material submitted. At the written request of the entrant, EITG, Ballistic Media or Brian Pohl will destroy copies of submitted material and any backups or reproductions.
20. There is no agreement or contract between the artist and EITG, Ballistic Media and Brian Pohl. The artist assumes all responsibility and costs for delivering images and other required information to the Publisher for consideration in the competition.
21. EITG, Ballistic Media or Brian Pohl does not require any payment for entry of images nor does EITG, Ballistic Media or Brian Pohl offer any form of payment, actual or implied, to any entrants.
22. EITG, Ballistic Media and Brian Pohl will take reasonable measures to ensure the security of entries and information supplied to them. In no event shall EITG, Ballistic Media or Brian Pohl be liable to any party, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the loss of images and data supplied, even if EITG, Ballistic Media and Brian Pohl has been advised of the possibility of such loss and damages.
23. This list of terms and conditions constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions and supersedes any prior terms and conditions, oral or written, and any other communications relating to these terms and conditions.
If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not enter the Project Phoenix Competition.