View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 608 "theory vs. practice"
02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
"theory vs. practice"
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* NO PAINTOVERS, unless specifically requested. Inspiration can be taken from photos, but not direct copies.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
*ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
02-03-2006, 06:35 PM
hey. i am getting used to sketching using Wacom so you know.. ;)
i promise i will work on digital sketching more :D
Painter / 10 minutes
02-04-2006, 12:48 AM
He came to mind when I heard the subject.
Artrage/mouse ~2 hours
Reference used Tracing paper for blocking in head shape only
Getting to love Artrage. Patience really pays off
May go back In with Photoshop and add bkgrnd after work.
02-04-2006, 04:19 AM
ps + wacom
02-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Put another hour in to it. It seemed only half done
Artrage and Photoshop 3 hours.
02-04-2006, 07:17 AM
I was going to put a priests collar on him, but dogmatism comes in all shapes and sizes.
02-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Painter | 1 hour 30 minutes
02-05-2006, 05:33 AM
This concept was inspired by my childhood....yes i tried three times, it does not work. ha
Picture took me twenty minuts, because im slow, and i used photoshop.
02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Good interpretations here, mine is not 2 much of a literal interpretation and only really applies thru application ... mine's some theoretical art practice ...
sketch 1 hour PS 10mins
02-05-2006, 08:09 PM
:P I was going to make the flying and falling thing too, but for lack of time i went with the test tube Kaboom instead.
[digital_embryo[/b] Thats a awesome drawing, nice work man.
02-05-2006, 10:01 PM
One hour with photoshop.
02-05-2006, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.