View Full Version : How does it work?

Julius
02 February 2006, 05:26 AM
Hi there, I am modelling in zbrush but starting a base mesh in maya and i cant get my head around something which i've tried to find an answer for. I have been told to unwrap my uv's in maya before going to zbrush however i am curious as to wether zbrush can update uv's if you later export a higher res version from zbrush or do the uv's get stuck in the low version (what ever version you bring in first).

So basically if i add geometry to my base mesh in zbrush will the uv's get updated when i export back to maya or is the only way to do this is by using normal/displacement mapping on the base mesh like everyone else is doing atm? :)

Beanmaster
02 February 2006, 10:01 AM
You can export every subdivision level mesh you want out of ZBrush the UVs will be updated. It's not required to export subdivision level 1. Hope i get what you meant.

Julius
02 February 2006, 11:25 AM
Thankyou for your reply.

Ah i see now, but when you export it at the higher division will the uv's be exported higher aswell or will the original low division base uv's be exported?

IZZE
02 February 2006, 06:36 AM
yes UV's will be updated.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2006, 06:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.