View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 606 "Disney meets Pixar"
02 February 2006, 02:17 PM
A week late but what the hell...
"Disney meets Pixar" "
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* NO PAINTOVERS, unless specifically requested. Inspiration can be taken from photos, but not direct copies.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
*ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
02 February 2006, 09:51 PM
Well haven't read that much about it actually :blush:
Quick one today, 20 mins, PS + Wacom
02 February 2006, 09:59 PM
The only light on the horizon is that the head of Pixar (now the highest stock holder of Disney) put an end to TS3 as the first order of business. I still think this is a bad thing though. Disneys past couple of decades have been on a spiral of cheaper and cheaper despertate attempts to make a buck.
all well... I guess we'll see.
02 February 2006, 10:25 PM
Well in that case hopefully my sketch is never realised :applause:
02 February 2006, 11:43 PM
"Disney meets Pixar - The Deal, Pulp Fiction Style"
02 February 2006, 12:15 AM
hhahahaa!!! aelwine, thats awesome:)
02 February 2006, 01:04 AM
Well I had fun doing this one. I hope it makes you smile :)
(alternate direct image link (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cgtalkdsg606byrobertt20066za.jpg))
Photoshop CS2 / Intuos tablet / around an hour.
I look forward to fun and exciting new animated features from this merger.
Wishing all the Pixar/Disney artists the best in their new working relationships :thumbsup:
02 February 2006, 01:19 AM
OMG! Thats great aelwine!:scream:
02 February 2006, 01:25 AM
hehehehe n1 aelwine :beer:
02 February 2006, 09:24 AM
If I had time I'd do 'Toy Story 'KIDS' ***euuuurgghhh***
02 February 2006, 10:11 AM
Thatīs so cool, aelwine :cool:
02 February 2006, 12:22 AM
Overchord Lol.. sequel fever
Aelwine ha ha ha that is great. The deal, i love it. :D
Robertt .. in 10 years he will have his own pop album
Here is mine I like both Disney and Pixar... but the news must of been shocking to some people working at Pixar... so its only natural that their initial reaction was shock.
Photoshop 20 minutes used reference of course :)
02 February 2006, 12:56 AM
ps + wacom. 1.5hrs
02 February 2006, 03:32 AM
hi everyone still no new computer at home yet but a quickie at work
02 February 2006, 05:18 AM
Photoshop. More or less, 1 hr.
02 February 2006, 07:49 PM
just a quick idea i had in mind... still tryin to get use to the tablet...
02 February 2006, 07:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.