LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Poll - what do you render in?

01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi people,

I just want to find out about the popularity of different render engines. If there had already been such a poll, please give me a link to it. So, what do you mainly render in?

02-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Where's Yafray? Or Blender internal, for that matter! :)

02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Max scanline. ;)

02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Maya Software/Hardware and BMRT.

02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
hey all i love rendering in mentalray ....i know there are other renderers that can give more amazing output by few setups like maxwell it is good i am not saying it is bad but do a render on that and wait for hours to see the result phew!!! i cant do that and besides u dont have much control like u have in renderers like mentalray and renderman. they rule and u can tune it how much ever u want provided u know how to use it ...reallly i use mr and i am happy with it even though it is messy to some extent but i like it get faster results more control ,,can play with and amazing effects it is all in one package ...but still this is my opinion ..thats all take care

02-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Maya Software/Hardware and BMRT.

Maya internal renderers is fast & good for stills but in animation In some cases they act unstable (because of bugs). It's more better to render in Mray or Renderman & have a long time for see the result but You wont get unexpected results.

02-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Blender YaFRay

02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Vray rulez.. Mental Ray needs to catch up :P

Jokes.. I think most people would render in Mental ray at the moment because it is packaged with Maya and Max.

Soon the world will be a slave to Vray :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.