View Full Version : which messiah to choose?

lillmagnus
01 January 2006, 09:30 AM
Our company is about to get another messiah, we first got a messiah:studio, but after never even touching the renderer, the next one we got was messiah:animate.
Now we are about ot get yet another messiah, but the decision is much harder now with the messiah:workstation.

What I want to ask is: What would you recommend? animate or workstation? Why is there eaven a messiah:animate with such small difference in price between animate and workstation? Can i use pointoven and plugins with workstation or is there some limitations?

???
Magnus

shadowfork
01 January 2006, 05:45 PM
That's easy.

Animate is for people who basically would like to just render in Lightwave or other apps.

Now Workstation (which you already figured out) has its own renderer (just add $50! The cheapest and one of the great render engines in the market).

The only difference with the two is the render engine. I would highly recommend getting the workstation version. You can't lose ... and besides... its just 50 bucks away.

And yes, point oven works for the workstation.

AAAron
01 January 2006, 09:03 PM
Agree to buy animate seems unnecessary even if you donīt use the renderer now itīt only like 370 kronor :thumbsup: Fun that some swedes use for professional stuff, so far Iīve only used it for my own stuff since my work (www.filmtecknarna.se) use XSI or EIAS.

pelos
01 January 2006, 01:25 AM
if you think as administrative way to get money,
animate and workstation, are just a "hook" when you are gonna get the animate, just for only 50$ you get the render, well, for 50% you can get the render just in case you need it on the future,

when you go to mcdonals, the can give you a larger combo, just for 1 dolar.
89% of the ppl, accept to get the bigger combo for 1 dolar,

when you get togeterh, the 1000, combos you sell, you gain 1000dls extra, just for that,

=) i dont know if i explain correct, it sound more logical in spanish =)

lillmagnus
01 January 2006, 10:29 AM
So workstation it is then! Thanks everybody.

AAAron, filmtecknarna, that seems like a cool place to work. I really like your work.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 10:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.