View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 597 "Can't you see I'm busy ?"
01-23-2006, 02:10 PM
"Can't you see I'm busy ?"
We will do ALL 12 months on the calendars for 2 weeks, OUT OF ORDER.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* NO PAINTOVERS, unless specifically requested. Inspiration can be taken from photos, but not direct copies.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
*ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
Photoshop, 15 min. Mouse.
Wanted to express the chaos a kid feels when being shouted at by a parent.
40 min, phshop.
01-23-2006, 04:01 PM
MichaelMotion, I love the kid's expression and the gritty style, the textures really add dimension.
For lack of an original title, "Can't you see I'm busy?"
EDIT: Oh yeah, WACOM + Procreate Painter Classic + 15 min.
01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Photoshop, 15 minutes
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
lmao MichaelMotion that's priceless!
01-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Good ones people :thumbsup:
This one took far too long. I was trying a different method by shading everything in grey first and then overlaying colours, but it didn't work out that great, so I had to clean up a fair bit (and could have done some more). So I stopped here although i probably should have spent a bit more time on details.
But 1h30mins in PS+Wacom
01-24-2006, 12:15 AM
OVERCHORD ha!! :bounce: :bounce: Thats funny
About 30 min in Photoshop
01-24-2006, 12:30 AM
This is Wiggin and I working, ignoring customers, painting and critiqueing for DSG! It was fun when customers came up today to ask what I was painting. "Me painting."
I would have posted this earlier but customers expect me to work when I'm at work?!?
God I suck at my job
Artrage 20 min on and off
01-24-2006, 01:27 AM
It's mum !!!:D
Well, it took more than I expected.
About 2 hours 15 min. PS/CS
01-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Oh no, another master!! :scream:
Great job Franck :thumbsup:
drone-- having a hard time telling what that is... my best guess is a tanning booth? :D
01-24-2006, 04:24 AM
hi all, long time no see :) 1.5 hrs photoshop + wacom
01-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Total time 1.5 hrs. Wacom + OpenCanvas 4.0, Photoshop Elements and post-processing in GIMP
Hey Art2, Drone2222, jgibz: Thanx!
franck kobolt, this looks amazing! :thumbsup:
Vitriolic, good to see you back, always
loved your style.. and still do BTW :D
01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
here is my measley contribution, hope you like it :) about 30 minutes + PS + my lovely tablet! ^_^
01-24-2006, 01:06 PM
ps + wacom
ken done ate my heart out.
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
ps, tablet, 45min
01-25-2006, 04:45 AM
*sigh* constant interruption... I cant ever get anything done..
01-25-2006, 01:47 PM
PS/wacom 15 -20 minutes
01-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Hilarious stuff people. :thumbsup:
Painter, 30-40 minutes.
01-29-2006, 04:37 AM
funny one augustus.
02-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Augustus - that one really ROCKS! Great job!!
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
robinayles & ysvry -> Thanks. :)
02-13-2006, 11:15 PM
agustus you definetly should have won the best sketch for this thread! Thats awesome! the winners sketch ive seen in (at least) 1 other thread...anyways nice job :applause:
02-13-2006, 11:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.