View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 595 "365" (THE DSG CALENDAR)
01 January 2006, 02:55 PM
We will do ALL 12 months on the calendars for 2 weeks, OUT OF ORDER.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
*ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
01 January 2006, 05:46 AM
I really had no idea nor time to do anything with this topic... Since I want to meet my daily quota (havent missed a day yet).. lol I'll throw this in for now.. if there is time I will make a new one to tie in some kind of "theme" for the calendar... but for now
This thread has been dead all day.. at least now it has a little color in it.. blah!
01 January 2006, 03:43 PM
heh InesD, looks like you got sketch of the day on 2 minutes work :applause:
Never seen that low a response before :shrug:
01 January 2006, 05:06 PM
40 min // ps cs2 // wacom
01 January 2006, 05:43 PM
Overchord - I know, and this is a potentially interusting topic!
Bear - DK - Great minds think alike. I've started something that I plan on posting late tonight even though it'll be a day old. I started the exact same way you did, with 4 horizontal colors for each season, just like you (and independantly from you).
01 January 2006, 06:11 PM
I guess this could be the cover for my calendar (if i had the courage to redo the ones not in bookmark size lol )
01 January 2006, 08:23 PM
My name is Sjimmie and I'm a Sudoku addict...
Illustrator, Photoshop and about 25 minutes
01 January 2006, 12:57 AM
A quick shout out to my leap year homie, 366. I remember ya brother
Artrage,paint(text) and mouse ~25min
01 January 2006, 03:15 AM
Zyrinx - Haha :D
Sjimmie - YES! Only problem is, one like that has multiple solutions...
aelwine, beardk - cool idea :)
01 January 2006, 02:54 PM
Ok. I know you're only supposed to post finnished sketches here, but this thread is so old and it's taking me so long. I figured I have to post what I have now, or never. It's turning into more of a project unstead of a sketch (actually, that's what happens to me most of the time. That's why I post so infrequently; I spending too much time on a piece to post it).
I'll still finnish it, but I'll let this thread die.
01 January 2006, 04:19 PM
Drone2222 - That's a really nice concept/idea you have there! I would love to see it finished!
01 January 2006, 04:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.