LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : DragonSlayer now online

01-17-2006, 10:37 PM

You can now download the full shortfilm DragonSlayer from my webpage.
The movie is about 80 MB.

Download the movie here (

Or watch the webpage (

Robert Kuczera

01-18-2006, 02:15 AM
That was really nice :)

I enjoyed the simplicity of it overall (reminds me of the good old days of Disney)....and for the most part the animation was also well done.

That being said, I think the poses of the characters could have been pushes a lot more...lots more exaggeration was needed and it would been nice to see a little squash and stretch once in a while too (although that's not totally necessary).

4 stars from me....and I can definitely see this getting on the front page.

01-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Nice job overall - I'd be interested in the timeline of this project. To me, the visual and movement style was reminiscent of In The Rough from Blur (, however there were many areas that could have been improved upon.

01-18-2006, 03:03 AM
that was a nice short...

i agree the animation could've been pushed more...

but for one guy to do the whole thing... it's great! :thumbsup:

5 stars for quite a "long" short film... :D

01-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeahhhhh cool< I saw this short there is few weeks ago and I loved but I couldn't remenber the link or where I find it... so now I will save it!
I really like the story, the design and the animation! great job, congratulation!

*5 stars*

01-19-2006, 12:50 AM
nice story, some on the animation needs a bit of adjustment but overall its pretty good

01-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Good job in getting in the 2005 shorts drawer btw :)

01-20-2006, 04:23 AM
but for one guy to do the whole thing... it's great! :thumbsup:

Please see movie credits...

01-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Please see movie credits...

yeah i know... i was just talking about the animation... so let me rephrase...

but for one guy to do all the animating... it's great! :thumbsup:

so can i take off my dunce cap and go back to my seat now? :sad:

-rj :D

01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Looks good, but I think I noticed one mistake (wasn't looking for mistakes btw). After he kills the dragon he carves a notch in his shield IIII But then afterwards when he throw's the shield away the numeral looks like it has reverted back to III.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.