View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 582 "Three wishes" (1001 Nights)
01 January 2006, 05:17 AM
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
*ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
01 January 2006, 08:06 PM
Wow, can't believe I'm the first to post today, must be football.
Anyway, I was inspired by the comic tutorial so here ya go
photoshop and wacom 2 hours
01 January 2006, 08:22 PM
lol nice one ! hahaha :D
01 January 2006, 08:49 PM
Nice Zyrinx. Made me laugh. I guess moving with tradition of the thread so far. Another comic. My girlfriend came up with the idea.
01 January 2006, 09:23 PM
Kinda lost my momentum on this one. anyway.
01 January 2006, 11:47 PM
PS + 45min
01 January 2006, 02:52 AM
Zyrinx: lol! you have such fun sketches
se7enthcin: awesome hard-edge shading! the bendy buildings in the background is also very cool. btw, is the third wish a diaper? :curious: lol
BishopLynx: looks good even unfinished :)
gulkan: your sketches are awesome :bowdown:
almost 2 hours i think, lost track of time, i had too much fun with this image for some reason.
photoshop7, no ref as usual (i'm always too lazy to google)
i'll leave the image open to interpretation:D
01 January 2006, 03:30 AM
haha yeah deaderthanred. Sorry, guess I should have titled it "all a baby wants is to be fed, a good nap and a clean diaper." :blush:
Sweet image btw. Love the texture
01 January 2006, 04:27 AM
Ha ha super bad very very quick sketch, this is a super cool topic but I had no time today.
So my three wishes.. Have tons of money, be super talented and find the fountain of youth so I can live for ever... or as long as I want.
This is a horrible sketch but it took 3 minutes photoshop, I just didnt want to skip a day :D
I will look at your wonderful wokr and post comments tomorrow, now I must get to bed. night night.
01 January 2006, 06:47 AM
Been busy the past few days, but all the sketches for the 1001 nights themes have been awesome!
Zyrinx & se7enthcin - lol nice humorous sketches guys :)
deaderthanred - now you have me wondering...the gargoyle looking guy, he stands for wealth? The girl is self-explanatory I guess, and the key...power maybe? I'm not sure about the key. I like your approach to this one.
InesD - great wishes, I think mine would be along the same lines
So with mine I was going for the consequences of what you wish for but I got a little sloppy...again...
01 January 2006, 08:22 AM
Great sketch Michele!! :thumbsup:
That gargoyle looks cool... and wicked :)
se7en, that's very funny! :D
01 January 2006, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.