View Full Version : SDK - Noob :D

gavinb
01 January 2006, 02:42 PM
Hey ppl and coders (same thing i guess :) )

i want to get take a look at creating plugins for c4d but i'm away from home for a week or so, is it poss for one of u nice ppl to do me a favor and just create a simple c++ project that would compile under vc++ (even if only just the main cpp file) that simply creates a plugin and registers it in c4d, just the bare code, one that doesnt do n e thing else? maybe a videopost plugin or something? then zip it up for me to d/l to my pda to browse thu :)

thanks in advance

Srek
01 January 2006, 02:45 PM
Examples like this are already part of the SDK and it's documentation.
Cheers
Björn

gavinb
01 January 2006, 02:47 PM
T'is quiet possibly true, but the demo of C4D is a big download for a mobile phone dont ya agree :D

Srek
01 January 2006, 03:08 PM
How do you want to be able to create a plugin without having the main app at least as a demo?

gavinb
01 January 2006, 03:17 PM
Lol, as the first post says,

one that doesnt do n e thing else? maybe a videopost plugin or something? then zip it up for me to d/l to my pda to browse thu

i dont want to create the plugin on my PDA i just want to look at the code and read thru it untill i can return home, i've been using c++ long enough to know i cant go ahead and create the plugin on my PDA, but nothing wrong with homework ....

Geespot
01 January 2006, 07:44 PM
The thing is, there really isn't anything to look at - in the bare code

Its just a couple of de/initialization functions - so small I could even paste the 10 or so lines.

You might aswell just look at the SDK docs, you would get alot more information than the bare code

gavinb
01 January 2006, 07:53 PM
ok, would u copy paste it? i cant run the extracted html on pda, just not formated correctly and chm doesnt run at all, i'm just impatient. may well look alot similar in comparison to maxsdk i guess but .....

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.