View Full Version : Bunny ear rigging

Bruna
01 January 2006, 03:21 PM
Hi guys,
I'm going to start rigging a character I've modeled, it's a rabbit with long ears and the ears are supposed to be very flexible, the bunny will probably use them help him jump, wrap around himself, etc. Does anybody know of a tutorial that can help me with the rigging?
I've attached the file of the bunny 2D and 3D.
I'm using Maya 7.0
Thanx in advance!
Happy 2006!

eek
01 January 2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Bruna,

I sent you a PM, about fk driven ik, basically an ik chain for each bone joint then a control shape hierachy for these ik handles. This way you can essentially glue it to things, i did it for a tail and it worked well. Its also generic enough to work in pretty much any package - as im more of a max with a slice of maya kinda guy hehe

eek

skellybobbly
01 January 2006, 01:08 PM
Hi Eek,

I'd be interested in hearing more about this setup.
Any chance you could send me some info too?

Cheers

Jon

eek
01 January 2006, 01:15 PM
Yep, ill fire over the same pm i sent to Bruna. I'try this week to post up a really quick tut on it with a tail - its very easy but seems to work.

eek

foane
01 January 2006, 04:12 PM
makes me think about setting up a spline shape in the ears (with various points) and assigning a spline Ik control modifier. then skin to either the spline itself or the created dummies.
looking forward to that tutorial eek,

Foane

Bruna
01 January 2006, 09:40 AM
Tks for answering eek! I'm getting a new computer this week, and I'll try it out then!
Xoxo

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.