XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : help with tank treads?

12-27-2005, 03:54 AM
hi all. i needed a bit of help & was hoping this was the place to ask it.
i'm working on a big mofo space shuttle style crawler thing for the juggernaut vehicle competition going on right now (for those interested here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=300318) it is).
i'd really like to animate a little snippet of this thing moving along an environment for a beauty shot but mainly for demo reel reasons. i wanted to shy away from just wrapping some flat polys around it & animating the texture like a belt, because i figured it'd take away from the size of the thing. someone was really helpful & suggested a motion path & i tried that. i got one tread to work just fine, banking with the curves correctly & everything. but that's the problem, i can only seem to just get the one tread. i can't get it to work the way i want it to. how can i attach more than one thing to the motion path? or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to animate it, i'd also appreciate hearing them too. thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2005, 03:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.