XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Question about FR2 to render huge scenes

12-19-2005, 03:29 PM

I have curiosity about how Final Render Stage-2 could manage huge scenes into C4D. How well manage multimillion polygon scenes?, has FR2 any kind of real instance support to render a lot of copies of a complex objects?, how about render times in this huge scenes?.

Perhaps somebody has experience with this issues ... any ideas are wellcome ...

Best regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
That's an interesting question. Does FR2 render Jenna for instance?

12-20-2005, 08:47 AM
somebody on the cebas forum render a dragon with 7 million polys not long ago, cebas said they have rendered 12 million out of cinema.

You might be looking at a couple of minutes just for the information to load on scenes of this scale.

At the moment there is a limitation on the maxon side regarding how information is sent to third party renderes, cebas and maxon are aware of this, and i have full faith they will fix this and make things work better in the near future.

and yes, it can render jenna.

12-20-2005, 09:43 AM
sure does fr jenna. it supports all type of geometry also made by plugins.
(and it is very fast- i dont wait long for the sceens to start- even with bigger ones?)

actually it is miles faster than AR, when using GI. AR is better when using non GI.
so best you have both.

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2005, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.