11 November 2002, 02:57 PM
There are a few Flash animations on here. I managed to cut the main splash page down to 50k, and each part enters the stage as it loads, so no pre-loader was required. There is also my 'old site', which had no navigational function, it was just me learning to use Flash (and having a dodgy attempt at character animation). Also there's a collaboration in there, in the form of a Xmas card, I did the computer stuff. With all these projects my main challenge was minimizing the file size, Flash has some odd quirks.
One of the more interesting quirks I discovered is that symbols don't always reduce the file size. For the xmas animation, I had the town scene as lots of symbols (due to a large amount of repetition), all contained in one symbol. Problem is, in the published swf, the file was telling each individual element to move, rather than just the one container element. Breaking appart the backdrop more than halved my file size!