View Full Version : solar energy (dutch)

seger
11 November 2005, 10:02 AM
For a museum in the Netherlands I've been working on two short animations about solar energy and nuclear energy. Solar is ready. The voice-over is in Dutch. Sorry for that. You can watch it at:

http://www.cliffhanger.nl/animatie/3D%20animatie-museon_zon.html

You'll need the H.264-codec. (comes with QuickTime7)
Thanks a lot and tell me what you think.

VinceDN
11 November 2005, 08:21 PM
Translations:

All energy we use on our planet comes from the sun.
*switch to sun*
The sun has been shining for thousands of millions of years en it isn't looking like it will stop soon.
Won't the sun never get empty, like batteries? Where does it get his energy from and why does it keep on going?
At the surface of the sun it's around 5000 degrees Celcius (9032 degrees Fahrenheit)
That's five times as hot than liqiud steel. But for the real powerplant, we have to look at the core of the sun. *switch to blue core inside*
There the temperature can rise up to millions of degrees. In this hellish enviroment, atom cores are flying around like mad. All these colliding atom cores are the eventual source of all energy in the universe. They keep on colliding.
*closeup at red atom core*

i'd say "Goed gedaan, educate is de toekomst!"
3/4 of an atom core is Natrium (waterchemic, Symbol= N ,can't translate this exactly)
the rest is helium(showing white atoms welding with the red). Most of the time the Natrium cores fly in opposite directions after a collision but sometimes they stick to eachother (animation of welding red cores). If that happens, another Natrium core sticks to it, wich creates a light helium core. When this collides with a same light helium core (animation of collision), in a flash one heavy helium core is created and two natrium cores (two red orbs floating by)
*Switch to balance*
the trick is , the mass of a helium core is 0.7% less than that of 4 natrium cores. Thus, mass has dissapeared and that mass has been transformed into light and heat according to Einstein's famous formula E=MC2. Each second the sun transforms six billion million kilo's natrium (600.000.000.000. , don't know the alphanumberic notation) in 569.000.000.000 kilo's helium. The missing 4.000.000.000 kilo has been transferred to solar beams (switch to sun outer). This process is called core fusion and it has been going on for more than 5.000.000.000 years. This means that one day the sun will eventually run dry on energy, but that is going to take very long. The sun has only reached halfway trough his life
Fadeout

This ends your lesson Dutch for today.

UnlikelyCorny
11 November 2005, 08:46 PM
nou dat was leerzaam, maar ik weet niet of de buitenlanders hier er veel van zullen begrijpen.

Het is uiteindelijk een behoorlijk textueel clippie

seger
12 December 2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Vince,

Thanks for translating the voice-over. I thought about subtitling the whole thing but I would have done it just to suit this forum really and I didn't think it was worth the effort. But you're right I suppose, Dutch isn't really a language that makes your heart bounce...

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2005, 07:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.