View Full Version : GroundWiz: terrain map pljug-in for 3ds max/VIZ
11-28-2005, 05:21 PM
I would like to inform you about GroundWiz - a procedural terrain map plug-in for 3ds max / Autodesk VIZ.
GroundWiz uses fractal algorithms to generate terrain textures and mimic real-life terrain. Numerous controls give user the ability to control the look of terrain materials while seamlessly integrating into 3ds max workflow.
- Procedural map that uses layers combined with fractal algorithms to create natural looking terrain maps.
- Infinite detail possible due to a procedural nature of maps. It can produce realistic vistas but also show great detail on close-ups.
- Possible to use images and other 3ds max maps to add color and bumpiness to each layer.
- Since it is a 3d map, it is possible to map any shape (caves, hanging rocks, steep canyon walls...)
- Importer for raw binary data (with fully adjustable data types) and importer for 3DEM terrain matrix files.
- integrated with Brazil and VRay rendering systems in addition to Default Scanline renderer
- can be also used to create 2D texture for realtime 3D presentations via 'Render to texture' option.
Currently 2 versions are available. GroundWiz Lite is free for personal use for unlimited time.
Please visit http://www.gugila.com/products.html for more information about GroundWiz.
11-29-2005, 06:14 AM
intersting product. do you plan on supporting third party renderers in the future?
11-29-2005, 08:35 AM
You don't seem to be able to download it - it comes up saying 404 file not found. I hope this gets fixed soonas i would like to try it.:shrug:
11-29-2005, 12:45 PM
>> intersting product. do you plan on supporting third party renderers in the future?
Thank you, we plan to support whatever renderer people might use in the future. Currently we are planning on supporting MentalRay. We will see about other renderers later on. Of course, supporting each renderer takes extra time (sometimes a lot of time), so we will decide based on what community requests.
>> You don't seem to be able to download it - it comes up saying 404 file not found.
Sorry about that. File is there for sure. Trouble is that some hours of a day we have many visitors, downloading big time. Unfortunately web browsers report that file is not found, which isn't true. Try again some other time of a day.
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I am interested in what other rendering systems are poplular these days. Currently GroundWiz support Vray and Brazil, but I wonder what other rendering system should be supported next.
Thank you for your tips in advance!
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.