View Full Version : Elf needs help badly.

sgw
11 November 2005, 09:08 AM
Well, more like the background needs help badly. So, I worked up the elf using a process I'm fairly comfortable with. Got her to about 85-90% then decided I would attempt to take on the Background.

Well... this is about how far I got. I havnt really done much enviorment work, and I was wondering what process people use. I like my composition for the most part, and I'm pretty comfortable getting it to this... stage (if it can be called that). But, how to make it from a mess of marks to a finished product is whats got me a little worried. If anyone out there can point me in the right direction, I would be very much appreciative.

http://www.bluedissipation.com/albums/album03/bloodelfbgSketch.jpg
Title: Elf
Medium: Photoshop

Thanks ahead of time.

Mu
11 November 2005, 12:07 PM
this elf does not need help - she needs praise. I like this pic very much. The background is cool, too. The sharp foreground against the blurry background creates depth.

I would - and this is only to name something - have the boughs and twigs in the background point more downwards to either the path/alleyway or to the elf so as to not lead the eye out of the pic.

and, erm, yea...let's have some feet!

It's great, already, you know...

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2005, 12:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.