XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : paintball model

11-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Hey guys and gals! Im currently working on a model for my 3d reel so i want it to be perfect of course! any crits u can give would be appreciated.
Oh and the thing coming off his chin is goin to be a bit of a beard like a GO-T :)

11-14-2005, 12:10 PM

looks cool. the one thing i did notic however was that his neck looks way too long.
it's quite hard to see how the mesh was built so perhaps you could include a faceted shaded image but this time with the actual wire frame showing on it.
looks like a cool character design. i'm interested to see how this one turns out.

11-18-2005, 04:42 AM
eh thanks for the reply rob! i'll have to do a little reserch to find out how to display wire frame in renders for maya, but i will post them as soon as i figure it out!

been workin on the texture for his face, tell me what you guys think...it has a ways to go im going to add stubble and perehaps some flaws like scars n stuff....

11-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Judging by the overwhelming responce to this model i've decided to rework the geometry and come up with something more apealing (atleast thats the idea). I think im done the model now, ive really tweaked the mesh so it flows pretty good, and the face has taken on a new meaner look. Im still not sure about a lot of things though like the feet geo. the bottom of the pants and ends of the sleaves, also the pants geo. in general....the nose is also buggin me a bit...but i don't want the face to end up being too high poly....oh and the ears are interesting too....since i have nvr really textured anything im not too sure how much i need to model in order to get the look im going for......if you guys could help me out in these areas that would be great...

He's 1800 polies

and the orthos

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2005, 08:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.