View Full Version : linking a rollout in a floating dialog to parameters?

marktsang
11 November 2005, 04:20 PM
hi,
im not too sure if this is even possible but i am trying to associate ui items in a floating dialog with parameters on another object,
specifically i am trying to get it so i can have a checkbutton in a floating dialog that can have its state animatiable where also reads its state from the parameters on another object.

i have tried by using the controller: parameter in the rollout but it gives me an incompatible controller type error - what i fear is that you cannot associate controllers with floating dialog ui items (except for spinners which i konw you can do)

if this is the case is there anyother way anyone can suggest to do this?

eg.
rollout myroll "blah blah"
(
checkbutton mychkbutt "press me" controller:($parameterobj.modifiers[#Attribute_holder].boolean_param1.controller)
)

thanks,
mark tsang

AlpineMan
11 November 2005, 10:20 PM
Change handlers and callbacks could be your best friend in this case.

eek
11 November 2005, 07:38 AM
ok - i think i know what u want.

1. you have a rollout float with a checkbutton

2. you want it driven off the parameters of an objects state.

Ok, sure this can be done firstly the state of the object has to be a boolean. i.e 1-0
- what i fear is that you cannot associate controllers with floating dialog ui items (except for spinners which i konw you can do)

nope id did a little test, and got a progress bar driving an object,(and vice versa) so a boolean shouldnt be too hard. For it to be animatable your talking scripted ca im guessing and yes ive done this too. Get on MSN.

eek

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2005, 07:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.