LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Making a straight line follow a path?? anyone no how?

11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
hi ppl,

I am stuck atm, I have made a string like material that is a thin line and now i would like to make it follow a certain path. for example if you got an image and using the marquee tool cut out a very thin rectangle, how can u make that thin rectangle follow a path? I have tried using shear but no luck. Surely there is a way to make thing follow a path i mean u can do it wil text y not with a picture or in my casea a line?

i will appreciate any help

thanx tom

11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Can you clarify what your looking for? your trying to do this all in photoshop?

11-03-2005, 09:15 PM
thanx for the reply

Yes i want to do all this in Photoshop. In photoshop you can make text wrap round a path correct? by making a path and then getting the text tool and hovering over the path.

Well instead of using text i would like to use an image (see attachment). So i want to warp the image that looks like string around the path that i have made.. I am sure Photoshop can do this however i am just unsure how to do it? Does anyone no how to do it?

thanx tom

11-03-2005, 09:45 PM
If you have a 3D program it would be quick and easy to texture map the rectangular image onto a curved patch, and render that out.

11-03-2005, 10:26 PM
You could try using one of the warp presets. It won't put the image on the path but it should bend it so that it looks like the path.

11-04-2005, 12:24 AM
or try the warp distort in cs2

11-04-2005, 02:37 AM
make the pattern into a brush and stroke a path with it...

11-13-2005, 06:34 AM
hey tom
pixel chemist is vry right u can convert ur pic into a brush n stroke it on a path.
in case u had trble in colors of pics etc. just increase the pic size(brush) and now duplicate the pics & align along the each brush stroke....enjoy

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 06:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.