View Full Version : Earthquake - VFX Challenge - Chico

Chico
11 November 2002, 01:23 AM
Morning all,

Im still not sure If I can complete this or not (work allowing etc) but I might just give it a go anyway :)

Was reading though all this and just got really inspired to jump in too :) A few nights ago I took some test footage but It was too dark and we were just playing anyway :) Tomorrow is Sunday (here) and sunday mornings are great as there is little traffic etc....but the weather is miserable so Ill see what I can get anyway.

Well I thought Id have a play and see if I could get something going here first. Results arnt too bad...animation looks neat.

http://www.oneglasseye.co.nz/uploads/NovWIP/WIP_01.jpg

Catch you guys later.

Knut
11 November 2002, 02:16 AM
Lots of fragments here! Are you using some sort of explotion-force/modifier. This can be sweet. I wonder if it might be best if you did not pulverise the whole road, but stop as it is in the center frame in your picture. Just a thought.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

A MacVey
11 November 2002, 07:30 PM
very cool! yeah i dont think the whole road would crumble like that though. I think the road would break apart then push together causing the edges of the crack to crumble and buckle making one side of the road go higher

Chico
11 November 2002, 10:47 PM
Roads are made of glass right.?

Nah, I was just having a bit f fun, its stillreal wet here so no good footage to be had :(

rendermonkey23
11 November 2002, 04:44 PM
Obsessive compulsive are we? ;) j/k

Take a look at those beautiful particle studio icons :)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.