View Full Version : strange!!!

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:08 AM
howdy guys and gals....

i have just viewed my long render which has been working for 20 hours...and i have found very disapointing smuges in the final render..i tried to understand why this was and came to a strange point...i have attached 4 images of the same seene with the same setting i have rendered 4 times absolutly no change has done except for the file name differences...can anybody explain to me why the pics are different?rendered in max4 with brazil!!
thanx

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:11 AM

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:13 AM

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:15 AM

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:17 AM
if u look at the bottom side of the dish the error can be seen better....?space and so little we know about it ha!!:)

ToddD
11 November 2002, 06:38 PM
I do see the colored splotches, that's kind of srtange! No changes were made?
Just as a side note, I don't see anything there that should be causing a 20 hour render. If you were to have a good lighting setup, and materials, you could render something of the same quality in a few minutes with scanline. I am guessing you must have some high sample rate or something, but 20 hours for a single frame? It should look amazing if you're waiting 20 hours for a frame. Just my opinion, let us know the solution when you find it! :) :beer: :)

eudemonie
11 November 2002, 11:04 PM
20h for working, not rendering!

dosealas
11 November 2002, 12:31 AM
actually u got me wrong:)

this is the model of the satellite...it only took 10 seconds tro render..the problem was i rendered it with raytrace and each frame took around 10-12 minutes to render..but it did the same thing with that...so i tried to figer out why that happened and did these renders....
still dont kow why though:)

clam_mechanic
11 November 2002, 01:58 AM
i like what thats satelites pickin up...rad station.
Sam

ToddD
11 November 2002, 03:40 AM
Ah now I see, sorry it was the way it was worded that got me!:D

Ian Jones
11 November 2002, 08:00 AM
The little dude inside your computer must have spilt his coffee on your render. I can't think of any sane reason.

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:06 AM
come on guyz....isnt there anybody out thereeee!!! out there..there..ere..re...e.....:)

drewbie
11 November 2002, 04:08 PM
You need to give more details on how your scene is set up, what kind of materials you are using, are you using any mapping, etc. Just showing a few images won't help that much. If you can describe your scene a little more in detail, we might be able to help.

dosealas
11 November 2002, 12:38 AM
actuallt there is not much to say about the seen since this is the simple made trials....it constists of 2 or 3 different materials thats all ..nothing complicated but sinc the error also accoured with raytracing i assume it has othing to do with the renderer...i am thinking more like the processor or the ram...i hope 2 get an answer from someone who has had the same fault!???

drewbie
11 November 2002, 03:15 AM
What kind of materials are you using? Honestly, any information you can provide will make it that much easier to figure out what's going wrong in your scene.

dosealas
11 November 2002, 03:09 PM
hey why dont u give me ur email aderss and ill post u the max file?:)

drewbie
11 November 2002, 03:56 PM
Check your PM . . .

dosealas
11 November 2002, 11:02 AM
i didnt receive a post mail...can u try againn

drewbie
11 November 2002, 03:40 PM
PM, meaning private message. On this message board.

Click on "My Profile" at the top of this page, then the "Private Messages" section in the profile."

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.