View Full Version : is there a pinch or spread brush tool?

09 September 2005, 02:28 AM
Like in Zbrush, you can use the punch brush to make blurry areas sharp. Sucks the surrounding mesh towards the brush.

The spread tool would do the opposite.

I could use a tool like that to sharpen digital paintings without getting those large pixels.

What I'm doing now is just using the smudge tool to push in the pixels from both sides of an edge.

And I'm not talking about a filter, I mean a regular tool like the smudge tool.

09 September 2005, 02:42 AM
Never mind, I just found that tool in corel painter.

It'd be nice if Photoshop had it though...

09 September 2005, 01:39 AM
I know illustrator has a tool similar to that... You can select individual brush strokes and "pinch" them. But photoshop doesn't opperate the same way so I doubt it can do that to an individual stoke unless it's on a new layer...

09 September 2005, 03:25 AM
Liquify pinch

09 September 2005, 03:36 AM
ooooh! there it is.

I never use that filter.


CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2005, 03:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.