View Full Version : help w/ grouping objects

09 September 2005, 06:10 PM
I have used the text option to create the word "Root" - so when I select any part of the word, it selects my skeletons root joint. How do I group or make the letters of the word, so when I select any part of the word root (R-O-O-T), it will select the rest of the word and then the root joint?

09 September 2005, 07:00 AM
ok, so u wnt the root_joint to be selected together with the geometry(the text ROOT u have created), what i mean is that when u move the root_joint, the root_geometry will also move,am i correct?

if dat's the case, then if u hav created the text as a polygon objects just select the polys in the prespective view (freeze transform and delete history just to make sure) then parent it with the root_joint (just press p) or parent constraint it with the root joint.

hope dat helps.

09 September 2005, 04:22 PM
To use multiple curves as a selection handle you should parent all of the curve shape nodes under the root joint transform node. If your have a curve1 object and a root_joint object, the command is: parent -relative -shape curveShape1 root_joint;
If you have six curves making up the word ROOT then you can simply do this six times, substituting the correct curve shape name (look in the outliner with the Display > Shapes option turned on). Delete the leftover transform nodes when you are done, since their shapes have left them and they are now empty and lonely.

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2005, 04:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.