XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Anatomical Model Statues?!

09-25-2005, 11:52 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that supplies anatomical models?
I remember my college had one - but i cant find anywhere that has any to sell.

Does anyone have any ideas?

09-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Whats kind of anatomical model are you looking for all the internal organs or just things like the muscle structure ?

What I have done is gone to a department store and asked if I could have a mannequin they were chucking out. Then on one half of the body I drew out all the muscle structure. This was great excercise to learn how the muscles are shaped and the on the other half of the body I drew out how I would lay out the polygons for when i'm modelling in 3D.

I found it really helped me to learn how the muscles relate to laying out the polygons. Also when I was modelling in 3D I found it really useful to have somthing tangible that I could move around and look at in the real world.

It might be an idea that you could work with if not i'll have a look out for an proper anatomical model but from what I can remember they are pretty hard to get hold of.

09-25-2005, 02:33 PM

Hey there, I think Freedom of Teach (http://www.freedom-of-teach.com/products/prod_category.php?sect=products&pid=cat_anatomy) sells them along with posters and the like...

Let me know if you like their stuff! ;)

Cheers, :)

09-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Ahhh Rebecca comes up trumps again!

Wonderful! Have to go for the cheapest one, but hes still cool!

Sorry for always hanging around with questions Rebecca haha.

09-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Sorry for hanging around with questions? What are we here for? :) Glad this could help. I think I originally saw this reference in the Art Theories Forum as posted by jmBoekestein, so I should really thank him for pointing it out. :)

Happy to try to answer any question I can. I added the link to the

Reference for Anatomical and Figurative Art (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257570)

thread ~ you might want to check that out for other references should you need them. :)

Cheers, :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2005, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.