View Full Version : Blend Shapes and Materials

RoleXXX
09 September 2005, 06:47 PM
Hello, I've been using Maya for about 6 months and recently I've gotten into setting up facial animations.

My problem is I have a character where I want to make 4 basic expressions (anger, happy etc) and mix and match those in parallel to get hybrid emotions. However, I have a texture on the main character and everytime I add a blend shape (anger for example), the texture seems to distort and tear horribly when I modify the slider 0-1. Is there something I can do so solve this?

Thank you for any help you guys can provide.

niralrajani
09 September 2005, 05:08 PM
Plz check UV's before applying belndShape and chek out all inputs ....while adding blend shape, go to advance option in blendshape window and make "front of chain " insted of "Default"try it it may give better results.
Niral

betito
09 September 2005, 10:26 AM
I always map all the textures before making the blend shapes and never have that problem, so be shure to have the target shape all ready mapped.

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2005, 10:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.