LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : copy texture files and set new path

09-19-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm writing a MEL-script for the following reason:

I like to collect all the texture files i used in a scene and copy them to a specific directory. (Sometimes I have more than one Texture-Dir and sometimes textures from other locations will be used). This first part works. But then I like to change the ".fileTextureName" - attribute to the new location. Now the problem:

Every time I change the path to a new directory but the same filename, nothing happens. The Attribute is still set to the original directory. If I change the filename during this process, every thing is fine - but this is not the goal.

Conclusion ;-) I like to copy linked files from one directory to another and apply the new (relative) path/filename to the link.

Maybe you have an idea that can help to solve this problem. Maybe you know somebody that can help me.
Thanks for your help,

09-20-2005, 04:39 AM
check out the file texture manager script on it does exactly what you are looking for, and is a priceless tool in my pipeline.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.