LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : exo marine - hipoly lovin

09-18-2005, 09:09 PM
currently making a hipoly version of the exomarine I made for Nuclea Dawn one year ago. I am still searching for a job and thaught, that some more nextgen stuff would attract potential employers more.
I initially wanted to work for rockstar vienna but they are not responding to job inquiries.. so well I had to work of my depression with mechanical hipoly modelling :)

also, I made a HL2 style bust in hirez with subtle normalmapping and stuff, but not yet fnished.

Please feel free to pass my folio to your AD and coworkers if you are searching for character artist.

09-18-2005, 09:22 PM
WOW! Really high-quality stuff! 4 thumbs ub! :)

09-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Very nice stuff.

How's ND coming? I haven't heard anything about it for some time now...

09-18-2005, 10:10 PM

archangle: Dont know, I dont work for them anymore. Though, one of theri environment artists told me that they will have a release on december.

09-19-2005, 02:40 AM
This stuff wails man, post more!!!

09-19-2005, 08:49 AM
These are very cool Shimmer...the skin looks excellent on the human character, but there is something I can't explain, that does'nt quite look right with his eyes....And that exo marine character absolutely rocks....good job....

09-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Nice modeling of exo, and awesome skinning of this guy.
Until now i though that ND is one person project - retro shinobi.
Can someone give me some more info about that? I saw the shinobi's works time ago and I must say that was kick ass, now I see You work and also I must say i kickass, so meaybe someone give me a link to that?
Take care.

09-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I really like the modelling of the soldier and the texturing of the human. V. good work. The eyes are somewhat freaky. I think it may be the highlight makes it look like he has nearly no pupil and/or his eye colour may be too light. Other than that, it rocks. :)

09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
OMG! It's Gary Oldman. With glass eyes? Or some kinda implants? Really nice usage of NM, very subtle. Also saw your cyber-orc guy with the neon bits, very nice!

Have to say I'm totally shocked you're still looking for work with such a varied portfolio. There's something serious wrong with the dev co's out there!

09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Lovely work. I remember Steve (Retro-Shinobi) did one of these for ND as well.
Quality work mate :thumbsup:

I doubt you'll have any probelms finding work.

Keep posting.

09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi guys, hi shimmer.
Just to let you know things are still going strong here at ND, I cant disclose much due to the project being under an NDA until next month, but all I can say is you wont be dissapointed.

Im currently a mapper for ND and although I cant show anything until we go public, you can see my previous work here on CGTalk.

I've only been with these guys for 6 months, but all I can say is they are raising the bar for community mods...

09-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey nice job! I was wondering if the high-poly model is subd? I wonder because I rarely manage to make square/rectangular shaped parts on subd models without messing up the topology.

Thanks for the info!

09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, I guess the eyes. Everybody is botherd by the eyes :) but thanks

Well Speve-O works on it too but its a full team. Dont know how many left and what happend, the only thing i know is that the leader used to be a wanker. I left when I got my first contract...

thanks. Yes its the eyes. Nobody likes them :)

Well, I actually have an job offer from an company. But they just do crap and handle theri employees like shit. Not interested... As I said, Rockstar Vienna is my number one place, but they are not responding... goddamn world...... :)

NDA??!?!?!!? Dave went totally crazy, huh? NDA for mods... ztzztzzt

Yes the model is sub-D through and through. Jep its hard to manage mechanical parts with sharp edges in hipoly, but once your worked in , its works great.

Thanks for the comments so, I hope I can show of some progress when I got the time.

09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Grüüüüße nach Freeeeeeeeiburg :)

Nice work. Show us the maps of that guy :D

09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
looks very good so far.
keep going

09-20-2005, 02:19 PM
nice stuff, like your goblin head on your site alot. Cage for the marine is nice, are you just uprezing your lowpoly, or making a new one from scratch? Looking forward to updates.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.