XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Game engine with best Maya character pipeline?

09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have any insight on which major game engine (Unreal, Valve, Quake, Renderware, Etc.) has the most flexible Maya character rigging pipeline?

I'm starting a game development project. And this is one of the most critical questions. I need to be able to make custom rigs with deep libraries of motion-blended animations. So the engine I choose needs to have a robust export/support feature set for Maya.

I'm also going to need to be able to control the IK handles with scripts in the game engine.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
i amnew to gaming ...but accordking my my knowleged unreal is good option for better pipleline with maya..new maya 7 has extended API app for ik handles and has some fancy and helpful option so can give time to check around it...

09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Thank you, niral, for that info. That's a good trail to start on. I was wondering if I was posting in the wrong forum.

I'm doing research on it now.

I guess I'm trying to assess major character animation/rigging features without going super deep into each engine's super deep documentation trail.

10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
we use the unreal engine and i do the animations in maya

and we have weired results with some characters

please check

and give me some hint on how to solve that issue

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.