XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : first post, matador/gladiator.

02-24-2002, 03:35 AM
Hello people.
borowd a old wacom from a friend.
Made this picture of a futuristic matador/gladiator with photoshop.
I picture this guy standing fearless and proud before a vicious bio-enhanced futuristic killer beast.

The reason i made this was that i had some thought of entering the 3d p-a challenge with this as a concept scetch.
But seing all those brilliant 3d-artists competing made me think twice.
But wanted to post it for coments and critics anyways. hope you like it guys.

02-24-2002, 03:47 AM
Hallå nicgo. Jag hann först :)

I really love the style of this one. Not too many details but I think more detailing would ruin it.
All you have to do now is paint the beast :)

[m m]

02-24-2002, 07:05 AM
That is excellent. Man, I got to get me a tablet.

02-24-2002, 07:33 AM
That's an interesting impression. A lot of concept artists forget to include mood or emotion as part of their idea, and they end up with a boring diagram.

Here's a tip for getting a character's pose right: flip the piece horizontally as you draw, every five or ten minutes . . . work for a while, flip the image, work some more, flip it back, et cetera . . . your poses will look more balanced and your anatomy will be better proportioned.

02-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the comments people.

Balistic that's really a good pice of advice, thanx.
I can certainly see how it would help improve proportions, poses etc. by working on a picture from two 'angles'.

I will try that right away.

I feel inspiration rushing over me. Time to boot up the borrowed wacom tablet.

02-25-2002, 07:01 PM
Mindmatter you comment on painting the beast resulted in this picture. Its still a work in progress. Im not really happy with the poses in someway it apers to static. It lacks motion.
Anyways here goes.
comments, sugestions please let me know. thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.