View Full Version : CBdeleteConnection - Cannot find procedure

j00ey
09 September 2005, 11:49 AM
I'm trying to learn about fluids by looking at the presets and I ran into a problem.
I'm looking at FluidCacheReTiming.ma and applied gunApply.mel as the notes say, but when I run the script [also in the notes] I get the following error :

// Error: line 5: Cannot find procedure "CBdeleteConnection". //

line 5 reads :

CBdeleteConnection ($fluishape[0] + ".currentTime");

I've searched around for the command but it seems there is indeed none such. I deleted the connection manually in the hypergraph and the rest of the script seems to work fine. Can anyone tell me the correct command to use?

thanks
j00ey

harmless
09 September 2005, 01:30 PM
CBdeleteConnection is a global proc that is contained in generateChannelMenu.mel in your maya/scripts/startup folder of your maya installation.

source generateChannelMenu.mel;

will put this proc into memory and get rid of your error.

j00ey
09 September 2005, 01:37 PM
ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the help.
j00ey

DangerAhead
09 September 2005, 07:16 PM
you should also read this thread about it:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=53862&highlight=CBdeleteConnection

right-clicking and breaking connection from the channel box sources the procedure. Then you can use it.

geordie

j00ey
09 September 2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks for that - my mel is pretty poor but it's good to at least understand a bit of what's going on and why it doesn't work when it doesn't
j

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2005, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.