View Full Version : ShortMovie - Neko presents: The Koshigaya Script Suite

AyaKoshigaya
08 August 2005, 06:00 PM
Hi,

I finished my newest Movie.. :)
It's the Soloproject I did here at the German Film School what means - anything you see is done by me (except Audio.. but that's something you hear, not what you see ;) )

It took me about 2 Months (with breaks.. so the 2 Months aren't real working time) from Modelsheet to finished Movie.

I've decided to make this movie cause I wanted to try character Animation... I never realy done animations before.. only did effects, scripts, plugins etc... now I wanted to try something new - a new challenge.

And now.. what's the movie about..?
Neko is a cute Catgirl trying to present the Koshigaya Script Suite for Maya. And since these tools are Maya Tools and she's a 3D Character - she's demonstrating things on her own body... :)

Would be happy if I get some comments!

http://koshigaya.de/contents/videos/thumbs/Neko.png

Download: http://koshigaya.de/contents/videos/Neko.mov (~15mb)

Au'revoir,
Aya~

PS: In the Movie the InteractiveTools is a bit buggy... but don't worry - this won't happen with the real ScriptSuite ;)

PPS: This is the CGTalk thread for the KoshigayaScriptSuite:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=154088

Pooyag
08 August 2005, 06:53 PM
I liked the Responding way...though the Animation wasnt good enough and also the music was really awful...
there was a black like around the character,i think that's because of the Composition problem,maybe....
anyway....Thanks for sharing that with us

luxmotion
08 August 2005, 07:04 PM
At first sight, I enjoyed the concept idea of presenting a 3d tool with a character animation that shows its features right over his body, and the look of the toon shader you have achieved is beautyful.

But at the second viewing I saw two things that doesn't like me a lot: I found the music very distracting over the speech and I miss a zoom to show in detail what feature is the model explaining about the script.

Anyway, I'm sure that this presentation is better than my english.

bye!

AyaKoshigaya
08 August 2005, 07:14 PM
Hi,

though the Animation wasnt good enough
hehe.. ya ^^ Like i said.. it was my first animation - and I realy hate to animate... but wanted to try it :)

also the music was really awful...
Aî.. the Music... some people love it, some hate it... i like it :p

there was a black like around the character,i think that's because of the Composition problem,maybe....
No, not a compositing error.. the whole character has outlines at any border (a bit of toonshading)... and I just made the real outline a bit stronger.. :)

Au'revoir,
Aya~

CgIdentity
08 August 2005, 02:44 AM
I think its adorable lol. Seems a little stiff at times, but adorable nonetheless.

AyaKoshigaya
08 August 2005, 06:42 PM
Hi,

thanks for your comments ^.^

But... 3 comments aren't thaaaat much... please, just tell me if and why you like or don't like it... :)

Without some critics (both positive and negative) I don't know if this movie is the best thing I can do or if I should never animate again etc... ;)

Please tell me how you liked it. :bounce:

Au'revoir,
Aya~

flip240
09 September 2005, 01:54 PM
As a whole, I thought it was a pretty entertaining animation; very funny and interesting to watch! I love the Neko character too! To me, the music fit very nicely with the animation and added a nice touch to it.

As for crits, I wish she had a bit more facial expression and the scene where she tears the cloth seems a bit rushed.

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2005, 01:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.