View Full Version : Combustion2.x (OpenGL Surface Transfer Mode Support)

xmb
11 November 2002, 10:04 AM
hi

does anybody know if there are graphics cards that support transfer modes (add, multiply, dodge, color burn, etc.) in opengl? nvidia quadro or any other cards?

thx

Fede
11 November 2002, 10:12 AM
Hey,

Check the discreet site they have a list there or post on the discreet combstion forum they should help you out.

I have a Geforce 4200ti and i'm pretty sure that the transfer modes work fine in OGL mode.

xmb
11 November 2002, 11:51 AM
i have the ti4600 - and no. - transfer modes (blending: add, multiply, dogde, etc...) don't work in openGl.

Landon
11 November 2002, 05:48 PM
I have a Gforce4-ti4200 and I know that they work but now that you guys mention it I'm not sure if I'm working in openGL at home, I know I am at school.... I look into it and see If I can get any info from a few of the Tech-Guys here at my school.

xmb
11 November 2002, 07:27 PM
i dont think that you can use the transfer modes in open-gl with this card. i have the ti4600 which is a little better than 4200, but still not able to perform the paint/ blending options. either it is only possible with the high-end cards like quadro/ wildcat or not possible at all. because it would be a real f**cking/ amazing speed increase. - not sure how it works on sgi- flame/ inferno.

eudemonie
11 November 2002, 09:40 PM
paint is not opengl based at all!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.