View Full Version : Dead 6 seeking artists
08-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Hello. I am a member of a source mod and we are seeking several artists for several positions. For a quick look / overall info about the mod, please check here DEAD 6 (http://www.dead6.net/) .
My duties on the mod include creating nearly anything in 3D (aside from character, maps, and buildings), UV mapping, and animating.
Allow me to give you a quick overview of our mod. The mod is on the Source engine (Half-Life 2). It is based on the Command & Conquer (C&C) series, originally created by Westwood Studios. This mod takes place between the 2nd C&C game, Red Alert (which took places in the Cold War Era), and the 1st C&C game, Tiberian Dawn (which took place in the 1990's) and attempts to tie together the 2 storylines even more closely than they do now.
Next I will address a bit of info about the team we currently have and maybe you can see why we need artist. Our current team consists of...
4 3D artists (1 weapon, 1 building, 1 weapons/vehicles/animations, and 1 character). Weapon guy is on a leave of absence, buildings guy is never heard from and character guy is in med school (which I can see why we don't hear or see him too much).
2 Storywriters....these guys have really outdone themselves in convincingly meshing the 2 stories. Here are some examples of written works by our writers....One (http://www.planetcnc.com/features/encyclopedia/cnccanon/) , Two (http://www.exnyte.com/index.php?pid=6) , Three (http://www.exnyte.com/forums/index.php?topic=212.0) .
2 concept artist (1 general, 1 building) the general guy has been MIA for a bit due to real life issues and the buildings guy has been making great art and designs for artist to work from.
4 coders.....these guys have pumped out more code than our current artist can keep up with. Our lead coder is the Sr. Programmer for the world's largest POSiTouch dealer. They have created projects to fight against cheating, their own solid net backbone, and engine additions. These are just a few examples of their past accomplishments.
We are looking for...
-texture artist (really needed)
-animators (not really needed at the moment, but in the future)
Now if anyone is interested and/or have any questions, I will try to best of my abilities to answer them. There was a topic on here going over loads of questions people want to know before joining a mod. Yet, I was unable to dig it up after 2 hours of searching.
We can easily get weapons in game and animated. We also have the ability to get everything else in game. Problem is, the buildings and maps we have thus far are test maps/buildings (coder art ). Main reason we don't have a lot in with all the code and the ability to get them in is because of our lack on the art side. Unlike other mods I have seen with loads of artist and seeking coders, we have a solid team of coders with the ability, a solid team of designers with the vision, but (at the moment) 1 guy to make art.
Thanks for taking the time to read,
You can also visit our FORUMS (http://www.renevo.com/index.php?showforum=72) and have a deeper look at things.
You may contact me through private message on here or on our forums if you are intersted.
08-05-2005, 06:37 PM
I have a few questions.
1. what is the time frame you are looking at...when do you want to have this project wrapped?
2. I understand this should be a TC mod, but will you be using any existing models from HL2 or do you want EVERYTHING to be unique? That could be more time consuming than it'd be worth imho since HL2 has alot of useful models and textures already.
3. how many levels/scenarios do you intend on having?
4. If this game ships, will everyone involved be reimbursed? Or would this be 100% freeware, just to get exposure and experience?
5. Do you have a basic outline of the stories and a description of some of the characters...?
that's all for now. I've been looking to work on a mod with a team of people, so maybe this'd be a good opporunity. I'll be in touch through this thread..
08-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Iím really looking forward too seeing more from this, I love C&C!,
Iím all exited now. great idea! :applause:
08-05-2005, 11:19 PM
im currently looking for a mod to do concept art on please refer to my site www.armanguy.tk (http://www.armanguy.tk)
08-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the replies and the show of intrest.
As I start in my original post, our lead programmer/head of the mod is the Sr. Programmer for the world's largest POSiTouch dealer, so he has been somewhat hard to get ahold of due to our different hours. To show I appreciate your intrest and that I am really willing to find new and talented artist, I thought it would be best to give you guys a reply.
Due to me wanting to repsond ASAP and not having talking with the lead guy, I can answer all your questions exactly. I can answer a few and give you my personal thoughts on others.
1. We dont really have a set timeframe. Since the mod is composed of several multiplayer modes and an indepth singleplayer mode, I believe we will be releasing the basics first to the public to enjoy (as in the basic deathmatch), then from there we will keep releasing more and more modes.
2. We would really love to have all the art assests for the mod to be 100& original content. Not saying cutting corners is totally out of question, but for now, any HL2 art will be considered placeholders.
3. As it stand now, I can tell you for sure will have atleast 3 multiplayer maps and atleast 15 missions planned. To be honest the exact number of maps needed in the end is unknown to me at this time.
4. IF the game ships I am sure everyone involved would be reimbursed. Not to lead you stray though, this is not intended to be a shipped title. Just a total conversion mod, built off of an very capable engine, based on a storyline we all love and enjoy. Plus we are making this mod and its tools with the intent on allowing others to mod off of our mod easier than jus straight off of HL2.
5. We dont have a basic outline of the stories and characters. As a matter of fact, we have a VERY indepth and great outline/plots/backgrounds of stories, some character (the main ones), and missions. If you would like to get a feel at how indepth they may be, I ask you to look at the last two examples of the writers we have.
Always glad to meet another C&C fan. If you love C&C as much as me, I know for sure you will enjoy reading the same two examples I mentioned to -KDX-. They are very detailed and place you deep inside the world of C&C from a very different angle.
Your website did not load for me. Please let me know whats up, if it is a problem on your end or mine. Would really like to see what you got.
Thanks for the replies,
If I join the mod as an artist would I be able to include any of the work I do for the mod in my personal portfolio?
08-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Ofcourse you can.
08-06-2005, 05:28 AM
try this for my 2d work:)
08-06-2005, 08:05 PM
I checked out your pics. Do you have an AIM, MSN, or Yahoo account? If so, could you PM me with the information and with your email also.
08-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Anyone else intrested. Great way to gain experince, plus we still can use the help.
08-23-2005, 06:53 AM
i sent you a pm
08-23-2005, 01:41 PM
...this probably belongs in the Collaborative Team Projects forum...
08-23-2005, 01:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.