Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Assault Rifle

08-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Hello all,
I got a reccomendation to post my WIP weapon here. It's a bit boring, I know (the modelling of weapons), but I want some good crits on this in order to make it better. It's still a Work In Progress, meaning any suggestions regarding shape etc. would be appreciated.

Here it is:
It's 1080 pollies at the moment, so I still have about 500 to 700 to play about with (and following a suggestion from a friend, I might add a scope. That'll probably be about 300).

Uh, you may notice a resembelance to the Unreal Tournament 2004 assault rifle. This is because what started out as a beefed-up FAMAS, got turned into the UT24k assault rifle, since I thought it looked really good:

Anyway, crit away.

08-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Looks nice. Yeah when I saw it looked like UT2K4 one. The one in 2k4 looks nice but not in first person... It looks really bad in first person imo.

08-03-2005, 12:49 PM
cool shape looks nice and clean, just perhaps say that front er handle pump action bit, yuou know bit at front of bottom is a bit blocky even if it isent handle needs detail here, peraps vent holes or sommit

08-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Well, as you can see on the UT24k counterpart - it's a grip. So vent holes wouldn't be smart, as the user's hands would be severly burnt.

I've updated the weapon with correct smoothing groups.

It's 1148 pollies now. The ammo source, I've decided, is going to be hidden. This is meant to feature in an Unreal 1 type game - and in the original Unreal, there were not many apparant ammo sources (e.g the Eightball or the Ripper).

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 11:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.