XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Sniper WIP CRIT

02-21-2002, 08:36 AM
I used the Shag demo for this so I am not real good at shag nor can you save so it takes for ever to get what you are looking for.

I will keep at it, please give me your thoughts. I have some more bump map work to do for the face and scope.

02-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Hey that's not a bad start...
It doesn't look very real, but maybe that isn't what you are going for, or it isn't finished yet. His expression is pretty good - maybe you should have his left eye slightly closed - you know how people do that if they are looking through a scope?
I like the detail of the green light showing on his face - cool touch.
The green above his face looks a bit strange - the line is too straight, and there is just something about it that doesn't look quite right. Is it supposed to be his helmet or what?
Otherwise, nice work.

02-21-2002, 09:55 PM
the ghillie suit isn't very believable. right now it looks like a mound of grass, which would give him away in a heartbeat

02-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Hey ! This threat is entitled with "Sniper WIP" . . . show us the weapon !!

And maybe some other views of the character . . .

Not much to say yet.

02-22-2002, 12:26 AM
well, it is a WIP and I am still working on it. I shoot with both eyes open and know a lot of other guys who do it also. If you are right eye dominant and are shooting a right handed weapon it is easy to get used to.

The Ghillie is just a test, I may just model it instead of using shag hair. I have a ghillie left over from the Corps and I thought shag would be the best way of doing it.

This is all there is to the comp. face, hood, scope and stock. I am doing this for a still. I may finish the whole thing someday but I doubt it.

thanx for the input, I will post an update.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.