View Full Version : Annoying small lag with wacom tablet on G5

tfortier
07 July 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi everybody... i wonder if anybody ran in that problem before;

When i use after effects on a dual G5 here at my new job, i feel there a lil time respond with the wacom pen... when i use the mouse, everything is fluid but with the pen, i can feel a pause between i push and the action... its really annoying cause if i click a layer and go away after, the computer think i wanna drag the layer somewhere else... just like if i never release the mouse button... Its enough for drive me crazy!!!

Mac suck? Wacom Suck? After effects suck? i never experienced that before on my dual xeon...

help!!! its my first day at job and i really wanna continue using the wacom...

thanks

thierry

EDIT: i also notice small freeze happening all the time after an action... like highligthing phrase in a text...

Arctis
07 July 2005, 09:36 PM
Well I had the same problem on AfterFX 6,5 on my dual G5, but I had no problem on Photoshop, so I would say After FX sucks.
After all, it seems to have not changed since the 4.2 release, as if it was not correctly written for OSX.

tfortier
07 July 2005, 10:50 PM
hiaaaaaaa (crying) damn damn damn... i asked the network administrator to reinstal the drivers... i hope it will fix the problem... tomorow... also the computer have a crappy ati 9600 64mb card... maybe its not helping... by the way, is theres a way to upgrade the graphic card?

My kingdom for a nice Dual Xeon... but the departement director is a Mac guy...

On another note, OS X really feel good -with the mouse-... its a very nice piece of OS! chapeau!

Ill continue searching for a solution on other forum... i hope i will find...

tfortier
07 July 2005, 01:30 AM
Damn... i just look in the Wacom forum and a lot of OS X users get that problem... and nobody found a solution...

If anybody use after effects successfully with a Wacom tablet on OS X, can you post a little "it work for me" and some informations about your configuration? like OS version, driver version and what kind of G5 you use...

Maybe we can find a little workaround!...maybe...

snif snif...

t.

Sorinb
07 July 2005, 07:47 PM
Go for ATI 128 MB Mac Edition..or the 256MB

hiaaaaaaa (crying) damn damn damn... i asked the network administrator to reinstal the drivers... i hope it will fix the problem... tomorow... also the computer have a crappy ati 9600 64mb card... maybe its not helping... by the way, is theres a way to upgrade the graphic card?

My kingdom for a nice Dual Xeon... but the departement director is a Mac guy...

On another note, OS X really feel good -with the mouse-... its a very nice piece of OS! chapeau!

Ill continue searching for a solution on other forum... i hope i will find...

tfortier
07 July 2005, 08:33 PM
can i buy that at futureshop and install it by myself???

i dont think so...

It is good for maya? ...i miss my 6800GT!

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2005, 08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.